Thursday, January 7, 2010

Jonah

My nephew Jonah is 3, almost 4. He is a cute, amazing kid. Every time I see him, he surprises me. Like at my cousin's wedding in November he wanted to sit on Joey's lap. He's always been a bit skeptical of Joey, but he wanted to sit on his lap - totally out of the blue and surprising. A cute, amazing kid. But, he is a handful. He wears my sister out, especially since she is 9 months pregnant with baby #2 due any day now. And, turns out, he's in danger of wearing himself out. He has been diagnosed with a heart condition . . . tachycardia something . . . his heart rate randomly speeds up to nearly double speed. It has to be slowed down, or his body could shut down.

So, cute amazing Jonah has to have heart surgery on February 8th in St. Louis. Please pray for him and his mom Jennifer and dad John. It's been a rough go for them lately in more ways than one. But even so, with a newborn, they will travel to St. Louis in early February with their cute, amazing 3 year old to experience the unknown. I'm sure they are scared and overwhelmed.

Here is a graphic of Jonah I created for a Photoshop class I teach. The pictures are old, but I think it captures his spirit.


We love you Jonah so much!!


Cammy

1 comment: