Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Back to the Grind . . . and Thankful

Today is my first day back at work. Molly is 12 weeks old today. I decided that instead of being sad and whining about having to work while it seems all my family and friends get to stay at home with their kids, I'd make a list of the things I'm thankful for.

1. I'm thankful that I have the opportunity to work part time. My boss is incredibly supportive of me and my desire to successfully balance my career and my family. I really enjoy what I do and am challenged every day.

2. I'm thankful that I have a wonderful daycare provider. She even sends me email updates throughout the day. Here is today's:

"Molly is such a good baby! You are very lucky. Hopefully I didn't just jinx it!

She took a 45 minute nap after Bailey got here, ate 4 oz @ 9:15, played for a little bit and fell asleep for another 45 minutes. She ate 4 oz again at noon and just laid down for a "good" nap. The other 2 were in the swing.


Bailey is so funny. They were finishing lunch and Molly started fussing. Bailey told me to "get her a bottle, hurry." It was so cute. She is very concerned about Molly. I was burping her during her 1st bottle and she was crying a little and Bailey wanted to know what was wrong with her baby sister. She told the kids that they can't hurt her baby sister (even though she is on the table out of their reach). Once Molly starts pulling her hair and getting her toys, she probably won't be as concerned."


Isn't that awesome? Bailey loves her to pieces and I'm sure Molly will feel the same way.

3. I'm thankful that Molly has slept through the night (9 or more hours) for the past six nights straight. I know there's another growth spurt coming, but I'll take what I can get:)

4. I'm thankful that by me working (and the grace of God), Joey and I were able to pay off every ounce of debt except the house (and we're making progress on that, too)! My girls get to grow up in a home with financial peace and their parents rarely (if ever) fight about money. When things break or wear out, we can fix them with minimal disruption to our lives. Instead of being stressful or a burden, Christmas is a time where we can be generous with our family, friends, and even strangers. And there are no credit card bills to pay in January.

5. I'm thankful for my husband and two healthy girls. Aren't they beautiful, even if they both look just like their daddy?


6. Most of all, I'm thankful that God shows me his grace every single day. He is good.

Wow, that was therapeutic. I better get back to work now:) I'm 15 minutes away from surviving my first day.

Will write more soon.

Cammy

1 comment:

  1. how awesome that you have a comfort and peace about leaving the girls and you are blessed to have such an awesome caregiver.

    have to tell ya...they look EXACTLY like joey. but how special that each time you look into their little faces you see your hubby.

    glad things are going well

    ReplyDelete