Thursday, November 4, 2010

In the Spirit of Thankfulness . . .


I LOVE this time of year!!!!! Fall . . . .a little quiet before the craziness of the holidays sets in.

God has been teaching me to be more thankful...honest, raw gratitude for the many ways He has blessed me.

My goal is to create a Thankful Thursday list each week this month. Here is Week 1 . . .

This week, I am thankful for . . .

1. Serena Shurtz and Ian Johnson - two freelance photographers who have blessed my heart by taking beautiful pictures of my family. They each did an awesome job of capturing the girls' spirits and personalities. You are both blessed with incredible talent. Thank you! (If anyone wants their contact information, let me know!)

2. My parents. They are awesome. They took care of the girls all of last week while I traveled to California with Joey for his annual sales meeting and a little vacation. They managed all of the schedules and events without missing a beat. I'm sure it wasn't easy. Thank you mom and dad!

3. My husband. He took me to the SPA in Palm Springs for my birthday!!!!!! The frugal me told him I just wanted a manicure and pedicure. But, he pushed me to get a facial and massage too! I will not lie - it was glorious! Thank you Joey for spoiling me.

4. My girls. I never dreamed I would be so in love with the two of them. Molly started walking before our trip. I forgot what a cool thing that is to watch and be a part of. . . how much they learn and change in those first few years is incredible. And Bailey . . . her spirit and zest for life makes me smile. She's keeping me honest, that's for sure. I called daddy a "turkey" yesterday and she replied very sternly "Mommy, we don't say that about people. How would you feel if someone called you a turkey?"

5. Our home. As many of you know . . . we are weekend (and weeknight) warriors with home improvement projects. There's always something . . . but I am so thankful I have a home to come home to every day - not just a house, but a home. . . . even if the master bathroom is still floral and VERY pink:)

I hope you take some time this month to reflect on what you are thankful for. It really helps me keep my pride in check.

More next week. For now, I'll leave you with a few pics of the girls:)




Cammy





No comments:

Post a Comment