Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Molly is ONE!

I know this is very cliche, but where does the time go?

Molly, you are one today.

One year ago today, I was recovering from your birth. For those that don't know, I got to the hospital a little late and you were in a BIG hurry to get out...in such a big hurry mommy didn't have time for an epidural. Yikes!

Someone asked me the other day if you are a good baby. I replied "yes." Daddy and I were pretty sure we were done having kids when you were born, but you make me want to have two more . . . two more just like you.

At one year . . .

  • You love to smile and get other people's attention. Today at Walmart, I think we made at least five new friends. Random strangers who just had to come and talk to you and marvel in your cuteness.
  • You save your biggest smiles for Daddy. When you see him, you clap your feet together and get so excited.
  • You REALLY like to eat. You love milk, meat, and any kind of fruit. You used to love vegetables, but in the last few weeks you've been a little stubborn about eating them. Last night, you threw a green bean in Daddy's face. He wasn't too pleased.
  • You are an absolutely fabulous sleeper. You've been sleeping through the night (8 hrs or more) since you were about 8 weeks old. This morning you slept until after 9:00 AM! You still really need two naps during the day - about an hour or so in the morning and almost 3 hours in the afternoon.
  • You love to be around your big sister. You are constantly watching and learning from her.
  • You aren't walking yet. You walk around everything, stand by yourself, and walk with help, but whenever we let go, you just sit down and crawl.
  • You love to play with balls, Little People, and puzzles. You can already throw the ball - you really amazed your Aunt Beth last week with this skill!
  • You have grown very attached to your paci. So attached, I usually find you sleeping with one in your mouth and at least one more in your hand.
  • When I came in your room this morning and sang Happy Birthday to you, you just giggled and laughed for about 3 minutes - it made me a little self-conscious about my singing!
I love you Molly Sue! We can't wait to see what year number two has in store for you!

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment